Open Burning Period Extended to May 31
- Due to the wet spring weather, the open burning period in South Beloit has been extended to May 31 during the hours of 8:00am till 6:00pm
- Residents will be able to burn yard waste generated on their own property.
- No treated lumber, trash or furniture should be burned.
- Fires are to be attended at all times and there should be water or other means to extinguish the fire nearby. All fires must be extinguished by 6:00pm.
- For further information on the Burning Ordinance please click here to read City Ordinances. Scroll down to Chapter 38 Fire Protection & Prevention, Section 38.7 Open Burning.