South Beloit Public Works Department
Superintendent: Jeff Reininger
Waste water: 100 Perry Ave.
After Hours: 815-389-3097
Pay Your Sewer Bill
Online Payment Option
You now have the option to pay your sewer bill online through our new online payment system. To do this, please click this link.
Pay By Phone Option
You may use our automated pay by phone service. Please call 888-626-9060 and follow the prompts to pay or check your balance. You may pay using Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Public Works Department Overview
The department is staffed by 6 full time employees.
ICOP’s Union Contract with Public Works
The street department’s responsibilities include:
- Street sweeping
- Catch basin maintenance/restoration
- Snow plowing and removal
- Alley grading
- Pavement repair/replacement
- Mowing and maintaining city property, including parks, and tree trimming
- Installation and maintenance of street signs
- Maintenance of city owned building
- Salt streets, alleys, parking lots and sidewalks
- Patch and repair asphalt streets using hot and cold mix asphalt, fill potholes, seal cracks, and pour concrete
- Maintain and unplug storm sewers
- Paint crosswalk, center line, and parking lanes
- Installation and maintenance of traffic and other regulatory signs
- Vehicle maintenance for ALL other departments
The Street Dept. has also played a major role in the renovation of rooms at the Sand Castle Community Center, the City Clerks Office, and Police Dept.
Jeff along with his staff are members of American Public Works Association (APWA).
Departmental personnel have received training and certificates from Illinois Risk Management Association, Illinois Department of Transportation, Winnebago County Health Department.
- Flagger Training
- Snow Powing
- Confined Space
- Work Zone Safety
- Vactor Truck operations
- Traffic Control
- Trenching and Shoring
- Loss Control
Snow Emergency Procedures
When snowfall has accumulated to more than 1 inch or produces hazardous conditions, a snow emergency is declared. All vehicles parked on the street must be removed immediately. Vehicles not removed will be towed at the owner’s expense. The owner will also be fined $75.00.
Waste water Department
Extensive expansion and pipe replacement is planned in the near future, in order to keep pace with the continuing growth of the City.
Sewer fee payments can be mailed, paid at the City Clerk’s Office or deposited in the “night slot”at the front door. Please note that credit/debit card payments are not accepted at this time.
FYI- Back flow prevention is required in all properties in South Beloit per Ordinance 1472.
Sewer backup damage may not automatically be covered by your home owners, or renters insurance policy.
Please check with your insurance agent and ask if you are covered for sewer backups. Special endorsements can be added to your policy.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: “My drains are not working properly, or I have had a backup, who should I contact?”
Answer: Contact the City first. If a blockage is found in the City’s sewer main, a sewer cleaning crew will be dispatched to open the blockage. If the blockage is not in the sewer main, the property owner is responsible for removing any obstruction and any costs incurred.
The City will not do work on non-City owned lines.
Precautions against blockages you can take:
- Disposable diapers should never be flushed. This is the #1 cause of backups we experience.
- Plant trees away from sewer lines. Tree roots have an affinity for water and will seek moisture. Roots can cause cracks in pips and are a major source of blockages on private property.
- Keep grease, egg shells, coffee grounds, fruit rinds, diapers, feminine applicators, and other solids out of the sewer. These items tend to settle and cause line blockages.